Man, has this been a crazy ride or what? Idk about you but we’re a little shocked that it’s already May—and that’s it still only May.
In the last five weeks we created and provided a training for sexuality education professionals on how to teach K – 12 sex ed online. And we are about to offer it again in Spanish! On our last day together, one participant shared this with us:
“I’m sad I won’t have this space every week! Thank you sooo much! I’ve learned so much and my coworkers are in awe of the notes from all our sessions. Thank you for empowering us to move forward boldly and with a sense of community and solidarity with each other.”
You can sign up to view the recorded training sessions and get all of the materials here!
Along with our move to offer training and classes online, we have updated your account page for those of you who are signed up at unhushed.org. If you don’t already have a free account you can sign up for one here.
As we expand our offerings into other languages, we are thrilled to let you know that we now have our 推動者資源: 性別字典 (gender dictionary) available in traditional Chinese with Simplified Chinese being completed later this month! All of our dictionaries in English, Spanish, and Chinese are free to download from your unhushed.org account.
Here at UN|HUSHED we never sit still! There is always so much on the horizon we want to be sure to tell you about everything without overloading you with sheer AWESOME! So,
- This month our newest book, An Introduction to Sexuality Education: A Handbook for Nursing Professionals, is being released! This is the second in our Introduction to Sexuaity Educaiton series and we are so excited to offer support to front line medical workers during the current crisis.
- Summer training Online starting June 15th (we encourage you to get your tacos delivered 🌮)
TEAM HIGHLIGHT: Lorena Olvera Moreno, PhD, MEd, MPsT
The UN|HUSHED team is 26 people in 7 countries, and we want to take time to highlight just how amazing each and every person on our team truly is. This month we asked Dra. Lorena Olvera to share why she joined the UN|HUSHED team. Visit that post to read more…
A bit about Giving Tuesday Now
This year Giving Tuesday, a global generosity movement, is adding a campaign to invite donations by those who can afford it to organizations providing for those who cannot through Giving Tuesday Now. We see so much need here at UN|HUSHED, and so we are encouraging everyone who is able to donate to the following orgs, who have seen their constituent needs rise so much so quickly:
- Incarcerated people are often considered disposable, with access to reduced healthcare and sanitation in the best of times. This is not the best of times, and the COVID19 rates in jails and prisons are astronomically high. Black and Pink fights to dismantle the criminal punishment system and to liberate LGBTQIA2S+ people and people living with HIV who are affected by that system. https://www.blackandpink.org/DONATE/
- Child abuse is rising during social distancing, while children are required to stay all day, every day, in unsafe homes. Prevent Child Abuse America works to prevent abuse. https://preventchildabuse.org/donation/
- With job losses going above 30 million, people’s basic needs aren’t being met. Food banks around the country are seeing unprecedented demands and need help to keeping up. Donate to your local food pantry or consider donating to the national network of member food banks, Feeding America. https://secure.feedingamerica.org/site/Donation2
- We are, of course, also accepting donations as we work to support teachers and facilitators around the country and around the world in moving lifesaving sexuality education content online! unhush.us/donate
And, as always, thank you for your critical support of comprehensive sexuality education. Your donations, t-shirt purchases, and social media likes help us continue our work, including providing sliding scale access to our curricula, training sessions, free handouts, and sample activities for everyone.
We value you and everything you do!
– The UN|HUSHED Team