LET'S TALK K-12 CURRICULA
We won't waste your time being modest, our curricula is the best curriculum money can buy!
You can click each level for a full activities list.
What makes UN|HUSHED the best you ask?
Digitally accessible & Ready out of the box
- Get rid of expensive out of date textbooks. Our K-12 comprehensive curricula is an annual subscription you access through your UN|HUSHED account. You can start with a free account and get a ton of amazing handouts and some cool sample activites. With a paid account you can access the curriculum as pdfs, powerpoint/google slides, online games, and videos. Our curriculum is designed to be taught by adults to participants in person (and we have suggestions and modifications outlined for teaching via synchronous online classes). Because our curricula is ready out of the box, it means all of the materials are provided for you, and any skill level of sexuality educator can use them right away.
- Evidence informed & Medically accurate
Flexible, Modular, & Participant focused
- Our curricula are designed to provide facilitators with an engaging, modular program—which means you can teach UN|HUSHED whether you have 20 mins or 20 hours with your participants. The curricula is broken up into units. Within those units are sessions, and within the sessions are activites. We break our activites down so you know how many minutes it takes to teach each one. Then you pick and choose which ones you have time for, engage your community, and fullfill your participants educational needs.
- One of our organizational values is inclusivity. This is reflected throughout our curricula. We use inclusive language throughtout, not just in the activities specifically about identities. The high school curriculum uses our social justice compass to inform activities and dialogue in every content area. We aim to create space for people of every body type, skin color, disability, expression, gender identity, genetic makeup, national origin, race, religion, and sexual orientation.
Innovative & Radically up-to-date
- We strive to be on the cutting edge of our field, as evidenced by winning the 2021 World Association for Sexual Health Award for Excellence & Innovation in Sexuality Education. Part of that means we care deeply about being the most up to date, and so we update our curricula at least once a year! We have a dedicated team of advisory councils who review our materials through the lens of their field (curricula, legal, medical) and then the UN|HUSHED team updates the materials you subscribe to online. And because we update so frequently, if there is something you need to effectively facilitate this program, just ask, we'll create it!
Because our curricula is…
What does evidence informed mean?
Great questions! Our curricula has been in use and evolving for over 15 years, and includes medically accurate and pedagogically sound research. However, unlike "evidence based" curricula, our councils review and we update our curricula annually. You can read more here.
What does modular mean?
UN|HUSHED curricula are designed to provide facilitators with an engaging, modular program—which means you can teach UN|HUSHED whether you have 20 mins or 20 hours with your participants. Everyone comes away from the program with an expanded ability to think and talk about sexuality in healthy, diverse, and open ways. Choose a level above to learn more.
Is this an online curricula?
Our curricula is a collection of downloadable files accessed via an online portable by facilitators. Those facilitators then create a program that can be taught online or in person. We provide everything from the activity timing, powerpoints, handouts, example permission forms, to playable online games. And because we update so frequently, if there is something you need to effectively facilitate this program, just ask, we'll create it!
Have another questions?